- Arts or sciences?
- Definitely arts, although I might have been more scientific if I hadn't gone to an all-girls school where things like engineering were not considered to be appropriate for "young ladies".
- What's your daytime job?
- I am a special needs teacher who now spends virtually all my working day not actually teaching, which isn't as much fun as it sounds! After 33 years years, I still love teaching, and the amazing pupils and staff I work with.
- When and where did you start singing?
- Sitting on the organ stool in St Paul's Church, Hook where my Grandpa was the organist. I think I was about 6 when he let me dress up and stand in the Choir stalls.
- What's your favourite choral piece of music?
- Probably my all time favourite is Lotti's Crucifixus, especially the scrunchy bits.
- What are your hobbies?
- In no particular order I spend time, or dream of spending time, doing the following: skiing (mainly dreaming at the moment), reading, worshipping at St Mary's, skiing (oops, I've said that… maybe that's because I think about it a lot?), playing Albert and Clarence (my oboe and cor anglais), spending time with my family and friends and travelling.
- Wine, beer or spirits?
- Wine: red, beer: bitter, spirits: G&T, and the occasional Calvados.
- What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
- Probably more than a laden swallow… or is it less? Does this take us back to the first question?
Back to singers