- Arts or sciences?
- Both — sciences for work, arts in my spare time. I'm greedy!
- What's your daytime job?
- I'm a data warehouse developer, maintaining and building databases and analysis tools.
- When and where did you start singing?
- When I was about 14 I joined my school choir, and started singing lessons shortly after.
- What's your favourite choral piece of music?
- Oh dear, this is an impossible question! Some of my favourites are (and I could pick twice as many)… Victoria Requiem (as long as I'm singing second soprano!), Ramsey 'Sleep Fleshly Birth', Pearsall 'Lay a Garland', Sullivan's 'The Long Day Closes', Holst 'I love my love', Finzi 'My Spirit Sang All Day', Joel/Chilcott (for the King's Singers) 'And so it goes', Lennon/McCartney (Swingle Singers) 'Blackbird/I will'.
- What are your hobbies?
- Singing, obviously! Badminton, amateur motorsport (road rallies, treasure hunts and track days), riding my motorbike, baking, cooking, and gardening.
- Wine, beer or spirits?
- What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
- What do you mean? An African or European swallow? (I did have to google it for the precise wording – I'm not quite as devoted a Monty Python fan as some Da Capo members I could mention!)
Back to singers