- Arts or sciences?
- Both — sciences for day job, arts for the rest of life!
- What's your daytime job?
- Somewhere between an electrical engineer, contract manager and quantity surveyor.
- When and where did you start singing?
- I used to sing with my Mum when I was little — I can remember giving little concerts to my grandparents on Sundays, either singing or playing the viola, and Mum would play the piano.
- What's your favourite choral piece of music?
- Anything with amazing harmonies: from Monteverdi, Byrd and Tallis to Stanford's 'Beati quorum via', Pearsall's 'Lay a Garland' or anything by Bruckner.
- What are your hobbies?
- Music, obviously! Singing, playing the piano or viola, particularly chamber music — it always makes me smile :) I also love reading, cooking (I prefer making savoury dinners to baking, though… I would never win Bake Off!) and travelling and exploring new places, both in the UK and abroad.
- Wine, beer or spirits?
- Wine, definitely. Although a vodka and lemonade or a G&T wouldn't go amiss…
- What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
- Thanks to Strouhal and Google, approximately 11m/s. Unfortunately, for me, complex but trivial questions never seem very trivial once there might be a mathematical approach to find an answer…
Back to singers