- Arts or sciences?
- Definitely arts, although I realise I am in the minority when in the company of fellow Da Capo members.
- What's your daytime job?
- Since 2010 and I've been a singing, piano and music theory teacher to (mainly) children. Prior to this I had a career in Finance and then in Market Research where I was a Senior Manager responsible for a large team. Whilst my move to teaching has been a complete change, it is one I very much enjoy and I haven't looked back since.
- When and where did you start singing?
- During my early school days in Norwich. My Dad sang semi-professionally, in addition to being an excellent percussionist, so I think my love of music and singing was as a result of his influence.
- What's your favourite choral piece of music?
- I can't narrow it down to one — these are in my top five (no particular order): Victoria Requiem, Howells Requiem, Monteverdi Vespers, Durufle Ubi Caritas and Bruckner Locus Iste.
- What are your hobbies?
- Singing, keeping fit and eating nice food.
- Wine, beer or spirits?
- Wine followed by spirits. Definitely not beer. Again, I fear I am probably in the minority when in the company of Da Capo.
- What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
- Don't know and don't care. Tim has since explained!
Back to singers