- Arts or sciences?
- Definitely both. Languages, linguistics, phonetics and music are my things, and they all weave their way through both art and science.
- What's your daytime job?
- Used to be: university lecturer in phonetics and cathedral music director. Nowadays: forensic speech scientist.
- When and where did you start singing?
- School choir, then church choir, both aged 10. Never looked back.
- What's your favourite choral piece of music?
- Poulenc O Magnum Mysterium. Luminous serenity.
- What are your hobbies?
- Liturgical music in many guises – singing, playing, composing, directing, teaching, writing about.
- Wine, beer or spirits?
- Μέτρον Άριστον (except possibly when wine, beer or spirits are involved).
- What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
- BETTER DROWNED THAN DUFFERS IF NOT DUFFERS WON’T DROWN
Back to singers