- Arts or sciences?
- My brain works in a mathsy sciency way but music and books for fun.
- What's your daytime job?
- I used to be an engineer, then took a career break during which I spent a lot of my time doing voluntary work for St Mary's Church, Warwick, and the rest trying to organise three children and a choir. Following a brief stint back at work I am now finding reasons to avoid it.
- When and where did you start singing?
- At school when I was 14. I was lucky enough to join a school where singing in the choir was the norm.
- What's your favourite choral piece of music?
- Pearsall - Lay A Garland, swiftly followed by Victoria and Howells Requiems, Bach - St Matthew Passion, Whitacre - Sleep and loads and loads of other things, mostly minor with scrunchy chords.
- What are your hobbies?
- Singing, keeping fit, alphabeticising my pop and rock CD collection, gardening, reading, walking, cooking and eating. During the daytime I am rarely to be found without either music or podcasts in my ears.
- Wine, beer or spirits?
- Yes please. If I were only allowed one of the three for the rest of my life it would be beer — real ale, not fizzy keg stuff.
- What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
- A herring.
Back to singers